No, I’m not dead. I’ve been in North Carolina exactly two months today and in three days, I will have been in graduate school classes for two months. And I’m FINALLY getting around to writing a personal blog post. Enjoy this, because it might be the last one you’ll see for another two months. Yes, they’re keeping us THAT busy. But I’m loving it. And so excited for where I might be in eight months. After just 8 weeks I can already build a (rough) website, create a simple logo, give you lots of communication theories and produce a pretty good photo story.
So being here and realizing where I am compared to where I was 9 months ago (at a sucky job and even suckier relationship), it’s gotten me thinking that I really can make anything happen if I put my mind to it. Corny, I know. But I’ve been wanting to write my “leap” list (because a bucket list is just too damn depressing) for awhile. So here goes! Some of these have already been crossed off.
1. Travel to: Greece, Australia, Italy, South Africa and anywhere else the world might take me! (Currently kicking myself since I have a Delta buddy pass, but just don’t have the time or money to use it to go anywhere international. I know I’ll regret that one day).
Run a half marathon
3. Run a full marathon
Go to grad school
5. Become fluent in Spanish
6. Save a life (interpret this however you want)
7. Adopt a dog (or 5)
9. Be an extra in a movie
10. Attend a major fashion show or movie premiere
11. Win a Pulitzer or Peabody (a stretch, I know)
Fall in love (damnit, sure, I’ll admit it)
14. Have a career I love
15. Get married
16. Become a parent
17. Buy a car
18. Buy a house
19. Buy a pair of stupidly expensive Christian Louboutins
20. Write and publish a book (I will take this in replacement of the Pulitzer; one will do 🙂 )
21. Ride an elephant
22. Go on a cross-country road trip
I know I’ll have more to add!